Friday, March 9, 2012

Welcome



My name is Wajiha Desai and I love making desserts. Ever since I was a toddler, I’ve had an irresistible sweet tooth.  I still remember waking up to that mouth-watering smell of my grandmother’s cookies every Saturday morning. In fact, the last memory I have of her is of her teaching me to bake chocolate chip cookies. I was seven years old. Since then, I’ve grown up to truly appreciate the delicious and beautiful art that is making desserts.  

I have previously held an assistant position in a small bakery in a beautiful little hill-station town called Amravati in India. It was one of the most exciting times of my life. The feeling of putting smiles on people’s faces never gets old, especially when their smiles are the cause of your own creation.  To extend my culinary abilities, I have taken many courses in preparing desserts.  I also have a tremendous interest in making desserts from different countries.

I’m looking forward to writing this blog because I will be able to learn even more things about making desserts.  For all of you sweet toothed novices, I plan to talk about dessert recipes, providing you with amazing sources, videos, and hopefully putting a smile on your face after you've created a successful dessert.  I plan to use easy-to-find ingredients from local grocery stores so the supplies are accessible to everyone.

If you’re like me, having desserts can make your entire day. Although it may not be a good thing as it can affect your health, but it’s an easy way to become satisfied. As someone who has a sweet tooth, it’s important for me to know my limitations. I definitely plan to talk about this in my blog. No obsession is worth risking health.

Please feel free to ask questions, comment, and leave suggestions in the comments section below.

Welcome to Sweet Delights.  

1 comment:

  1. Hi, Wajiha. My name is Priscilla and I love eating desserts :) In the realm of cooking, baking is what I've had the least practice with, since the only baking I do are for friends' birthdays throughout the year. I'm looking forward to reading through your blog and trying out some of your creations. I'm especially looking forward to everything chocolate :) Also, I have a few friends that have sadly figured out that they are gluten-intolerant and now I don't know what I could make for their birthdays that would still taste delicious. Could you suggest some desserts that I could prepare to satisfy their sweet tooth as well?

    ReplyDelete